Land Surveyor: Norristown, PA
Engineering & Consulting Services, LLC (TEC) is seeking an experienced Land Survey Technician or Party Chief to join our team in Norristown, PA. As a Surveyor with TEC, you will be accompanying a survey team for the development of mapping and base plans for projects in the water, wastewater, gas, and telecommunications sectors. You will be hired with the intention of ultimately leading the survey effort in the field.
- Work with a diverse team of project managers, engineers, designers, technical staff, and sub-consultants to successfully deliver projects on time and on budget
- Learn and understand TEC and Client standards and survey codes
- Operate and maintain all field equipment including total station, GPS rover, data collectors, etc.
- Take legible, detailed field notes and photographs
- Provide mentorship and training of less experienced field staff
- The Surveyor, working with a high degree of independence, will collect data as required in accordance with industry and client specifications, scopes of work, and work plans
- Candidate should be able provide technical survey assistance to CAD operators, project managers and designers
- Field tasks will include operating surveying instruments, collecting utility data, performing mathematical calculations, reading, and understanding plans, and other duties as assigned
- Office tasks will include assisting with the daily preparation for fieldwork, data input and management, research, deed plotting
- Must be willing and able to travel to project sites, client’s offices, and other TEC offices
- Types of surveys include feature survey, existing conditions, construction stakeout, grading plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of land survey experience
- Minimum of 1 years of experience as a party chief (crew chief/survey lead)
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD, Civil 3D preferred
- Self-motivated, proactive with good interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of surveying instruments and equipment, their use and care
- Knowledge of QGIS or other GIS platforms a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledgeable in the effective practices, methods, and techniques of land surveying
- Strong math skills
- Be able to carry the survey specific equipment necessary (depending on the assignment, the equipment can weigh more than 50 pounds)
- Be able to walk on uneven ground; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Be able to work outdoors on your feet for long periods of time
TEC recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer:
- Flexible work schedule options
- Competitive salary and leave accrual
- Healthcare benefits (medical, vision, and dental plans available)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Safe Harbor 401(k) retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
TEC maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of TEC are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful use of controlled substances.
TEC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.